Since my little girl born I have been collecting family memories in order to make a sort of family memoir for my daughter. Nothing fancy, it is rather simple and includes funny facts about people she might meet one day and about those who are not around anymore. During the process a lot of good and bad memories came up to the surface and helped me to make a balance between the positive and the negative things about my childhood. Without noticing I started to make a mental list of things my parents did with us that I would like to do as well with my daughter. So I thought of sharing it with you and see if you guys would like to share your own list… we may learn something nice from each other 🙂 I will do my best to encourage my daughter to:
- Do sports, learn to play an instrument and read good books.
- Get in contact with the wild.
- Stimulate creativity.
- Have a pet.
- Eat healthy.
- Learn something that you can do with your hands. For example: cooking, sew, build something, etc.
- Be generous.
- Be responsible.
- Learn how your own body works so you can look after it properly.
- Be free and be always yourself.
I’m sure you have your own list of great things your parents taught… What would you like to pass to the next generation?